It’s the summer time! So its time for concerts non-stop! Here’s what’s coming to Atlanta this summer! Get pumped!
- Neil Diamond. 8 p.m. June 6. $55-$120. Philips Arena, Atlanta.
- Sting. 8 p.m. June 7. $46.50-$126.50. No tables/carry-ins. Chastain.
- ZZ Top, Gretchen Wilson and 3 Doors Down. 7 p.m. June 10. $25-$89. Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
- Kristen Chenoweth.8 p.m. June 22. $37-$125. Cobb Energy Centre, Atlanta.
- Norah Jones. 8 p.m. June 23. $48.50-$60. Fox Theatre, Atlanta.
- One Direction. 7:30 p.m. June 26. $29.50-$59.50. Gwinnett Center Arena.
- Coldplay. 7 p.m. July 2. $53.50-$103.50. Philips Arena.
- Ringo Starr & His All Star Band. 8 p.m. July 6. $35-$125. Fox Theatre.
- Collective Soul. 8 p.m. July 7. $29.50. The Tabernacle
- The Jacksons. 8 p.m. July 8. $39.50-$69.50. Chastain.
- The B52s. $35-$100. Fox Theatre.
- KISS and Motley Crue. 7 p.m. July 24. $36-$157. Lakewood.
- Areosmith with Cheap Trick. 7:30 p.m. July 26. $49.50-$149.50. Philips Arena.
- Maxwell. 7:30 p.m. July 27 and 7 p.m. July 28. $22-$191. Two-day pass for $169-$239. Philips Arena.
- Kelly Clarkson and The Fray with Carolina Liar. 7 p.m. Aug. 8. $25-$99. Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre.
- Jason Mraz and Christina Perri. 7:30 p.m. Aug. 18. $23-$59.50. Lakewood.
- Jennifer Lopez and Enrique Iglesias with Wisin & Yandel. 7:30 p.m. Aug. 29. $29.50-$149.50. Philips Arena
As my farewell to Atlanta draws near, its only appropriate I send off with some events/resources for events in Atlanta that will keep you going for the whole summer. If you are looking to get out into Atlanta and live up the summer, then this list is the place to start searching.
1. Until 6/3: Georgia Renaissance Festival with Jousting! Turkey Legs! Rides! And More!
2. 6/3 at Starlight Drive In: Official Atlanta Rock and Roll Monster Bash
3. 6/15 at the Quad: ATL BASS WARS BASS FULL FACE MELT MASSIVE 5006
4. 7/4 at 7:30 am for the race and about 9pm for the fireworks at Lenox Square:Peachtree Road Race
5. 9/27-9/29 in Atlanta: Counterpoint Music Festival
6. Every Friday at Midnight at The Plaza: Rocky Horror Picture Show screening while being performed as well by Lips Down on Dixie
7. For Searching for Every Type of Happening: Creative Loafing Magazine, the Happenings
8. For Your Nightlife Happenings: ATeL Events
Thanks to the brilliance of Stumbleupon and heavy procrastination during finals week, I have come upon a few online shopping websites with trendy finds. The most popular I have found from feedback has been Tobi because it is relatively inexpensive, has 30% off new arrivals every week, and has great color variety in wardrobe. From personal experience, Nastygal offers every type of little black dress that is definitely worth the splurge. And if you have not heard the news, H&M now offers online shopping in the United States! H&M provides affordable clothing with great finds in every category, especially business casual clothing.
Hey! Here’s a list of some of the foodie finds I have collected from friends in the Emory area and from my own personal experience.
- Yeah! Burger -Burgers
- Little Bangkok -Chinese
- Taqueria del Sol -Mexican
- Ru-sans -Sushi
- Figo -Italian
- Farm Burger -Burgers
- The Flying Biscuit -Southern
- Raging Burrito -Mexican
- Goldberg’s -Bagels
- Crawfish Shack -Seafood
- Hankook Taqueria -Mexican
- Takeria -Korean BBQ
- Elmyr -Mexican
- Siam -Thai
- Mirko -Italian
- DBA BBQ -BBQ
- Noodle -Pan-Asian
- Burnt Fork -BBQ
- Apre Diem -French
- Alon’s -French
- Super Pan -Cuban
- Souper Jenny -Sandwiches/Soup
- Eclipse di Luna -Spanish Tapas
- Flip! Burger -Burgers
- Murphys -American
- Maggianos -Italian
- Uncle Julios -Mexican
- R. Thomas Deluxe Grill -Local Food
- Cafe Intermezzo -European Cafe/Desserts
- Rosebud -Vegetarian/Local Food
- Thai Chilli -Thai
- The Vortex -Burgers
- Blue Fin -Sushi
- Pure Taqueria -Mexican
- Brickstore -American/Pub
- Watershed – Local
- 6 Feet Under -Seafood
- Chow Baby -Stir-fry
- Sushi Avenue -Sushi
- Leon’s -Local
- Buckhead Diner -American
- Thai Spice -Thai
- Tamarind Seed -Thai
- Rathbun Steak -American
- Floataway Cafe -Italian and French fusion
- Woodfire Grill -Southern
- Sage -Greek and American Fusion
- Ecco -French
- Dante’s Down the Hatch -Fondue
- Miller Union -Local
- Nava -Southwestern
- Spice market -Southeast Asian
- The Sun Dial -American
- Atlanta Fish Market -Seafood
- Tuk Tuk -Thai
- Aria -American
- Naan -Thai
- Pricci -Italian
- Two Urban Licks -American
- Le Giverny Bistro -French
- Chops -Steak
- Fogo de Chao -Brazilian
Here’s a review of Flying Biscuit, Murphy’s, and Alon’s.
So aside from documenting my travels in Israel, this blog is going to be my place to express some things that I think are worth sharing. If you search this blog, you will find posts about helpful websites, good eats in Atlanta, places to go in Atlanta, and anything else that keeps you plugged in to life in the age of technology.