- Tel Aviv is 7 Hours ahead of Eastern Time. So, it might be 8am Eastern time, but 3pm Tel Aviv time!
- Coke and other soft drinks are much more expensive here!
- Starbucks does not exist here (it was shut down a couple years ago); The substitute is Aroma Coffee
- Taxis do not accept credit cards here (bring cash!)
- Service Taxis are common in Israel; The Monit Sherut (service taxi) holds up to 10 people and goes along bus routes!
- Tip is around 10-15% usually
- Separate checks for meals are not common!
- The malls are large and complicated with very odd layouts!
- Cats are everywhere! but actually….and not the ones for petting usually
- The currency in Israel is the NIS, new israeli shekel!
- A game people play on the beach in israel is called Matkot- a game between two players, each with a ping pong paddle, hitting a small rubber ball back and forth (like tennis) along the beach
- The produce in Israel is much better! Except you cannot find every type of produce like limes!