As I get plugged back into the internet, I have been trying to recall EVERYTHING I have done in Israel thus far. If I did not write things down along the way with whatever writing instrument I could find, we would have a much shorter list. Of course, there will be more to come as I explore Israel.
Of course, no travel blog is complete without pictures! Enjoy the slideshow!
- I have been to an orthodox reform synagogue and feminist conservative services
- I buy my food usually on Fridays from Shuk Ha’Carmel, Tel Aviv’s best and most bustling open marketplace!
- Rafting and ziplining down the Jordan River
- Visited an ancient military outpost at the Golan Heights
- Spent Shabbat at a kibbutz pool overlooking golan heights
- Rode a camel in a sundress barefoot
- Made Israeli soldier friends, and taught an Israeli some American slang
- Tasted one of the best plates of hummus in Israel!
- Gone to the dead sea twice more!
- Ein Gedi nature reserve: has small waterfall right in the middle of the desert!
- Received Bedouin-style Hospitality complete with family style dinner on carpets, tea and coffee tasting, drum circles, question and answer session with a Bedouin man, and sleeping in tents in the desert
- Prayed at the Kotel
- Saw an Orthodox-child Conga line!
- Stayed at the Tel Aviv Beach until Sunset!
- Met people from Australia, Canada, New Zealand, France, Germany, England, and Argentina in the Hostel
- Soaked my feet in the clear blue rushing waters of Dan Gardens/Nature Reserve
- Met the number one tour guide of all of Taglit!
- Boat ride along the kinneret with a drum circle on-board!
- Learned the craft of glass blowing
- Spent time in Ma’aleh, Orthodox film school and saw two short israeli films
- Archaelogical dig in the caves of the time of the maccabees
- Visited mt herzl memorial
- Got to hear the Director of Birthright give a talk to our group about being Jewish!
- At my internship, I traveled with them to an Israeli advertising agency and got to sit in on a meeting with my company and theirs and listen in Hebrew!
- Checked out Caesaria (again)
- Walked along the shores of ashkelon
- Explored the ancient city of Tsfat and a Sephardic Temple
- Ran down Masada